What achievement are you most proud of so far?

I would have to say getting accepted into Emily Carr University and graduating with a Bachelors of Media Arts would have to be my proudest moment. Emily Carr University was THE dream school, and to have gotten accepted into the Animation Program at EC was a dream come true. It took a lot of hard work and motivation for creating the portfolio for that got me accepted; Sleepless nights painting away in my basement, countless hours drawing away in my little black sketchbook, and the stress of just the application in itself.


Born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Lillian Wong is a 3D artist who graduated with a Bachelors of Media Arts in Animation from Emily Carr University of Art and Designs. Her works are full of colours and personality, with a style that is greatly inspired by her favorite childhood stories, and also her environment.
What are your inspirations in developing 3D videos and images?

Pixar. I love their style, and how everything has so much thought put into it. The characters that they create are memorable and lovable, and that’s always been a trait that I want all my characters to have. The colours that they choose all complement each other, and every scene is always composed so perfectly and flawless. Pixar is a style that I love, and is a style that I would always try to emulate.

You studied painting, drawing, and printmaking prior to animation. What inspired you to get into 2D and 3D?

I’ve always wanted to get into animation. I started creating my own characters as early as I could remember, and developed a strong passion for drawing. Ever since I was little, I’ve always enjoyed watching cartoons and would imagine how it was created. I knew I wanted to be an artist in the animation industry, but I also wanted to start off with a strong foundation in traditional arts. I went to school for studio art to strengthen my skills in drawing, colour theory, composition, and just the basic knowledge of art, to better prepare myself for what lies ahead. I believe having strong background knowledge of art foundations has made me a better artist overall, and has made working in 3D easier.
What techniques/tools do you use in creating your work?

I mostly use Auto desk Maya and Soft image for creating my models and rigging them, and use Photoshop for texturing.

A technique that I use quite often when creating my work is taking someone else’s style of a model that I like, and trying my best to mimic the style, but at the same time, adding my own unique style to it. I find that I can learn so much from trying to mimic another person’s style, and I also grow so much more in my techniques.

Also, having lots and lots of references is very important when creating anything!

With Digital Artist

  • Uploaded by: Unknown
  • Views:
  • Share

     
    Copyright © adobe plus | Mr Bashar By Themes
    Blogger Templates Wallpapers Hack Wfi